antibiotic-free antimicrobial process aids
Hydrite offers a vast line of products that helps improve ethanol fermentation performance, enhances overall yeast vitality, and promotes metabolic activity while reducing bacterial contamination. This includes non-antibiotic antimicrobial technology for fermentation, propagation, and upstream and downstream ethanol processes. Hydrite offers gram-negative/gram-positive antimicrobial solutions designed for utilization in fuel ethanol fermentations.
as safe (GRAS)
Effective against both gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
Lactic acid bacteria (LAB) like Saccharomyces Cerevisiae and Lactobacilli are common contaminants in the fermentation stage of ethanol production. While ethanol facilities have historically used antibiotics to control bacteria, there are effective, antibiotic-free alternatives.
- Promote metabolic activity
- Effective in fermentation and propagation
- Aid yeast propogation
- Counter bacteria growth
Hydri-Maize 2759: Antibiotic-free antimicrobial used in ethanol fermenation
Hydri-Maize HC2759 was introduced into a fuel ethanol facility (from the 12 surveyed) with high gram-negative and gram-positive bacterial counts (> 1.0 x 105 cells/ml). The same facility was also using greater than 15 1/2-oz bags of antibiotics. The simple test protocol was as follows:
After applying the simple test protocol above, the test facility was able to:
- Decrease antibiotic usage by more than 60%
- Decrease acetic acid content by 28% when measured at the ferm drop confirming HC2759’s effectiveness against gram-negative bacteria strains.
- Decrease lactic acid content by 41%, suggesting that HC2759 is freeing up more sugar for fermentation.
Acetic Acid content at drop
lactic acid content at drop
Overall, the value created for this ethanol operation was a decrease in antimicrobial costs by 40% and a dramatic reduction in both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria content per fermenter.
: Hydritreat SB2216Highest strength antibiotic-free antimicrobial
- Hydritreat is effective against gram (+) & (-) bacteria
- No known bacteria resistance to Hydritreat
- Reduces need for antibiotics
- Generally Regarded As Safe for animal feed and FSMA compliant
- More cost effective than antibiotics
Want to know more about our bacteria control methods? Contact us today.