Effective December 26, 2019
Who We Are
Hydrite Chemical Co. (“Hydrite”, “we”, “our” and/or “us”) is proud to partner with hundreds of companies to help them make the best products in the world at the lowest possible cost. Hydrite is a family-owned company established in 1929. Hydrite is one of the largest independent providers of chemicals and related services in the United States. Headquartered in Brookfield, Wisconsin, Hydrite has a network of manufacturing facilities, warehouses, and laboratories located in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, California, and Texas with nearly 1,000 employees in 25 states. Hydrite offers expertise in chemical distribution and manufacturing, food and dairy sanitation, organic processing, liquid sulfites, foam control, water treatment, and compliance management services.
For California Consumers
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. Please visit the CCPA Privacy Notice, which applies to you.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information We Collect from You
We collect personal information that you provide to us directly in order to, among other things, provide you with the information, products, and/or services you have requested. The type of personal information we collect is dependent on the nature of your relationship with Hydrite and reasons for visiting the Site. In most cases, this includes, but is not limited to the following types of information.
- First name, last name
- Physical address, including the region and country
- Company name
- Job Title
- Email address
- Phone number
If you apply for employment on our Sites, in addition to the above information, we may collect employment history, education history, and information related to your eligibility to work in the United States.
Other Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect other personal information through automatic data collection technologies on our Site, such as your IP address, search terms, and Site pages you visit while on our Site, whenever you visit our Site, use our Services, view our online advertisements, or download documents. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies and log data.
Log data: Our servers automatically record information when you use our Site, such as your IP address, the type of browser you are using and its settings, network location, time of visit, the third party website you visited immediately prior to accessing our Site, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your internet service provider, the search terms you use on our Site, the specific Site pages you visit, type of product selected, the brand, order, and product identifications, and the duration of your visits.
Cookie data: A cookie is data that a website server stores on your computer. Cookies enable websites to recognize your computer and to remember your entries as you move from page to page, or even when you revisit the website from time to time using the same computer. We utilize cookies for users that login to our Site to access special content, products, and services. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our Site. Once you close your browser, the cookie simply terminates. You can learn more about our cookies by visiting our Cookie Settings link which can be found here. COOKIE SETTINGS.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- to fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, if you provide us with personal information for us to process an order for Hydrite products or services, we will use that information to process the order and collect payment.
- to provide you with information about the products and/or services we offer and about which you have expressed an interest or that we believe will be of benefit to you;
- to provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- to respond to your comments or requests for information and documentation or otherwise communicate with you;
- to evaluate an employment application;
- to manage the security of our Site, networks and systems;
- to improve our Site and present its contents to you;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- for any other purposes about which we notify you; and
- for any other reasonable business purpose to which you consent
How We Share Information
We may disclose personal information we collect from you for one or more of the following business purposes:
- to contractors and service providers, we use to support our business or perform functions or services on our behalf;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale or transfer of some or all our business or assets;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements, comply with legal process, and enforce our terms and conditions;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the to protect the rights, property or safety of us, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; or
- with your consent.
Preference Based Advertising, Analytics, and Services: We do not sell, lease or otherwise share personal information that we collect for preference-based advertising.
Choices About Our Use of Your Information
You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies that are not required to enable core site functionality, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on our Site. Please refer to your web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising. Please remember that if you delete your cookies, or use a different browser, computer or mobile device, you will need to set your cookies preferences again.
Do Not Track
We do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Safeguarding Personal Information
Hydrite takes the security of information very seriously. Hydrite will endeavor to safeguard information using methods that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. The use of, and access to, your personal information by us is restricted to employees and contractors who need to know that information to provide services to you.
We have implemented industry standard security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us through our Site or other electronic means and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
Changes to This Policy
Written inquiries may be addressed to:
Hydrite Chemical Co.
Attn: Information Security Council
300 N Patrick Blvd.
Brookfield, WI 53045