Ammonium Thiosulfate (12-0-0-26s)
Return to Listing
In collaboration with the Kugler Compnay, Hydrite produces ammonium thiosulfate (ATS=™) in Waterloo, IA and Terre Haute, IN. ATS= is an efficient and easy source of the sulfur necessary for crop growth. Sulfur is an important component of protein synthesis, nitrogen metabolism, and photosynthesis and when in short supply can lead to yellowed leaves or stunted and spindly crops. Some of the benefits of Hydrite’s ATS= fertilizers include:
- Compatible with most liquid fertilizers
- Contains equal amounts of sulfate-S and elemental-S
- Sulfate-S is immediately available
- Elemental-S is released through the season
- Reduces the loss of nitrogen when mixed with UAN solutions
- Slows the nitrification process
- Ammonium thiosulfate is non-corrosive
- Can be applied through irrigation water
- Lower freeze point than competitive products with lower quality raw materials
In a study performed in conjunction with Dr. Jay Goos at North Dakota State University, adding a 5% blend (v/v) of ATS= with UAN solution inhibited nitrification by approximately 50%, and a 1% blend inhibited urease by 15-35%.
Ammonium thiosulfate has been shown to produce higher crop yields for both corn and soybeans.
To find out more about Hydrite and Kugler's collaboration, read the press release here.
Ammonium Thiosulfate (ATS) Flyer
Top 10 reasons to purchase Ammonium Thiosulfate.